My favorite little mister

My favorite little mister

Monday, May 13, 2013

It's Raining, It's Pouring..

I think that title pretty much sums up the past month. It seems like it has been nothing but rain, with some slight teasing from the sun here and there. However, like the preacher said a Sunday or two ago at church, we should be thankful for the rain, especially when we think back to this time last year. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the rain, but I am definitely excited to have some warmer, sunny days now! :)

Shockingly, it has been just barely over a month since I last blogged (high five for me!). In that time we have celebrated Mason's 24th birthday, Carson's 2nd birthday, and Mother's Day. Mason has also managed to find time to build a shed and mow a few lawns (besides our own), in addition to finishing up this semester of class.

Mason's birthday was April 10th, but because it was the middle of the week, we didn't celebrate until the following weekend. Plus, the NJHS induction ceremony was that same week, and I was a little stressed out getting that put together. We had Mason's mom and step-dad come down for the weekend to help us celebrate, and Mason decided that since we had babysitters, we would go trout fishing at Montauk early Saturday morning. To say that I wasn't overly excited about this is an understatement. Since Eli continues to be a good sleeper (fingers crossed), I look forward to my Saturday morning sleep time! But, since it was his birthday, I went along. The whistle blew at 7:00 and within a half hour (give or take), I had caught my four trout, all before Mason caught one! That made getting up at the butt crack of dawn well worth the lack of sleep! And I'd by lying if I said I didn't have a good time with him. After all, he's pretty to look at! ;)
After I caught my fish, we went to have breakfast at the lodge and then found Mason's Aunt Jeanne's campsite. We visited with them for awhile and then we went to another spot so Mason could catch his fish. It didn't take too long for him to catch his four and then we headed home.
Love him!
That afternoon Eli and I enjoyed a glorious three hour nap while Mason, Shelly, and Eric went antiquing. I rarely get the chance to take naps so it was fabulous! Later that evening, we went to Matt's Steakhouse here in Rolla for Mason's birthday dinner and then came home for some ice cream cake, compliments of Dairy Queen. Though we had a great time I somehow managed to smash my phone in the car door. That was a hefty bill we weren't thrilled about, but it could have been worse. Anyways, Mason seemed to enjoy his birthday and his gifts (a new muzzle loader and seasons three and four of The Big Bang Theory). Eli was pretty fascinated by the candles!

The very next weekend we went up to St. Joseph to stay with Shelly and Eric for Carson's second birthday party. Carson definitely made out like a bandit, and we can't believe how big he is getting! I was also very impressed with how well he shared his toys; he's such a good little boy!
To be honest, I don't really even remember what all went on between Carson's birthday and Mother's Day (pathetic, I know). I think we were mostly trying to stay afloat and survive. Mason kept asking if I knew what I was getting for Mother's Day. Of course I didn't, but was pleasantly surprised when I opened a brand new camera! Now I just need to read the manual and figure out how to use it!
My new camera! Please excuse the dusty table..
Sunday morning we went to church and then came home so Mason and Duane could finish the shed. Because of how unpredictable the weather has been, Mason has been working on it off and on for at least a month and he was ready for it to be finished.
The finished product! He did an excellent job!
Since Mason and Duane were working, Eli and I just hung out and watched movies. He officially turned ten months old on Sunday as well! As happy as I am that he is growing and healthy, it still makes me a little sad that I won't have a little baby for much longer. He still has very little motivation to get around too much, but he's getting there. Rather than just sitting, he will at least get into crawling position and then proceed to belly flop! He's not quite as angry now when it's time to eat or when he sees other people with a spoon, which is a nice change. Dinner time was becoming rather unpleasant because we couldn't shovel the food in fast enough! He's an excellent baby otherwise. He loves his bouncer and enjoys playing with his toys! I just can't believe he will be one in less than two months!!
Eli and I right before heading to church.
Well, that's about it for the time being. We have exactly ten and a half days of school left, and we are VERY excited!! Not to mention we have the NJHS trip to Silver Dollar City this Saturday with 150+ seventh and eighth graders! Wish us luck!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment