I'm going to attempt to remember the highlights of what has taken place the last couple of months, but if I'm being honest, I will have to reach to my planner for assistance, because well, it remembers things better than I do the majority of the time!
Over Valentine's Day weekend, my mom and step-dad Terry came down for a visit. They got in early Thursday evening so they could hang out with E on Friday. Before they ever came down my mom suggested that Mason and I make plans to go out for dinner since we'd have a free babysitter available. We were excited about that so we made dinner reservations at Sybill's restaurant in St. James for that Saturday. It's a pretty fancy place, and I had never been there so I was definitely excited to go! Mason surprised me with a manicure and pedicure appointment that Saturday morning, so my mom went with me. We then did some shopping where I found a cute black dress to wear that evening. I was pretty stoked because it's one of the few items of clothing I've bought since having Eli. Anyway, we got ready that evening and had a fabulous dinner and just enjoyed our time together. The next morning we all went to church and then my mom and step-dad headed out.
| Right before we left for date night! |
Everything between then and spring break is kind of a blur. I know Mason and I went to work, and Mason went to school, and we attempted to keep the house intact, but that's about the extent of it! I guess we did manage to get to the St. Patrick's Day parade in Rolla as well. I'm just so thankful Eli is such a good baby and lets us sleep at night because we have definitely needed it!
| Eli at the St. Patrick's Day parade in Rolla. He was a happy boy even though it was super chilly! |
So anyway, our next trip was over spring break. We got out for spring break on March 22nd, but decided not to head to Iowa right away. Instead, we did a very adult thing and started a will. We still have some stuff to do for it to get it completely squared away, but I feel better that it's in the works, just in case anything does happen (God forbid). The following Wednesday, we made the trip to Iowa. When we got there we went to visit my Uncle Kevin (on my mom's side) in the hospital who just had back surgery that morning. He was in good spirits, and it was great to see everyone who was there to visit! The remainder of that week, we mostly just hung out at JJ and Bailey's house and visited with some friends and family. We got to see some people that we hadn't seen in awhile, including my friend Ashley. It was wonderful to see her since she wasn't able to attend girls' weekend. Eli must have been a good boy because the Easter bunny was kind enough to make a pit stop in Iowa to drop off his goodies! We had a good time and are looking forward to heading back up in May for Leeann's graduation party!
We came back to school on April 1st, and I have been frantically trying to get the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) ceremony put together. Just like any event, there are a lot of little details to coordinate. I have a few more things to get squared away this morning when I get to school, and then I will hopefully be good to go! All I can say is that I am so very thankful tomorrow is Friday! I planned to sleep in on Saturday to make up for my lack of sleep tonight, but Mason and I are going fishing early that morning. I definitely see a Sunday afternoon nap in my future..;)
Speaking of Friday, Mason's mom and step-dad will be making an appearance over the weekend as well. It was Mason's birthday yesterday so they are coming down to help us celebrate. I'm going to "try" to post a new blog and some pictures of his 24th birthday happenings before he turns 25! ;) I'll hopefully be able to post some updates on Eli as well. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment