My favorite little mister

My favorite little mister

Monday, February 17, 2014

Hello, Again!!

I've only been putting off writing a new blog for about three months now. In fact, it has gotten so bad, that I actually wrote in my planner to get it updated. I think that qualifies for loser status. But, I ended up staying home sick from school today, so I've gotten a few things accomplished. Don't worry, I'm not deathly ill or anything, but I'm definitely not 100%. Last Thursday Eli had a yucky stomach bug that resulted in a lot of puke in a short period of time, primarily on the floor, Mason and me. Then on Saturday evening, Mason got the crud. Naturally, they were kind enough to share with me, though I didn't get it quite as bad as they did. Actually, I have yet to throw up (knock on wood), but I have just felt very weak and out of sorts. I really have not had much of an appetite either, so I'm just hoping that whatever it is goes away quickly and does not get worse.

Anyway, between the holidays and snow days (lots and lots of snow days), we have had a lot of quality family time together! Though we have had a couple days where we all (Gus included) drove each other nuts, overall we have had a lot of fun. We set up our Christmas tree prior to Thanksgiving because we weren't going to be home Thanksgiving weekend. Eli had a good time "helping" with that, and luckily, didn't break anything! Thanksgiving was a lot of fun as we went up to St. Joseph to visit Mason's mom. Since they have significantly more shopping than we do here in Rolla, Mason and I ventured out for Black Friday shopping (it was actually Thursday if I'm going to be truthful). We started at Wal-Mart Thursday evening and then we hit up a few more places Friday and Saturday. We got a lot of great deals and spent A LOT of money, which was mostly okay since a lot was for other people! I got some new boots and a coat out of the deal, too, so I can't complain too much!! ;)
Eli "helping" with the garland!

My two favorite boys.
After Thanksgiving, we had SEVERAL Christmases. We had one with the Heavin side, one with Eli's daycare, one with Mason's dad, one with Mason's mom, both my mom and dad, the Steffen Christmas, plus our own. I "think" that was all of them. Each one was so much fun, of course! Not only did we have a whole week together as a family prior to Christmas, but we also were able to spend nearly a week in Iowa visiting friends and family. We stayed with my brother and Bailey like we normally do, and were so excited to learn that they are expecting a baby the end of August! It was definitely difficult to keep that a secret!! Mason and I are both excited to have the opportunity to be an aunt and uncle again. Both sides of our families are growing, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have baby fever!! Ha!

Eli was definitely a spoiled little boy when it came to Christmas gifts! He has many very generous family members, especially grandparents! Some of his favorite gifts were his books (which I'm thankful for!). He also received a couple toys that he was able to push around, which he really liked as well. He received several nice outfits, but he just wasn't as excited about those (shocking, I know..)! ;) I took a ton of pictures at Christmas, so there's no way I can include them all, but I'll share some.
Many of you saw Eli's horrifying experience with Santa. Here's one with the three of us, with Eli clinging to Mason for dear life. I felt bad for the boy, but it was kind of funny...poor guy!
Tabitha and Mason with Carson and Eli.
Grandma and Papa Heavin with Carson and Eli.
Hanging out with Dad!
Big smiles!!
He LOVES his Mickey Mouse slippers from Papa and Momo Ellis!
This silly boy has been paci free for over a month now!!
As he walked to the living room Christmas morning he gave me a great big smirk (I missed it, of course) when he saw his presents from Santa. He dug in quickly!!
He went straight for the dump truck!
SPOILED!
Mason was very surprised when he opened his gun scope. He had no idea!

A glimpse into the Steffen Christmas!!
JJ and I on New Year's Eve.

Ash and I!
We were supposed to go back to school on January 6th, but because of snow, our break was extended. But, later that week Mason was finally able to begin student teaching. He is student teaching here in Rolla with a third grade class. So far he is really enjoying his time there and he is learning a lot. Of course, both of us are VERY eager for him to finish, which will be in approximately 57 days, not that we're counting....;) He still has a couple of classes to take this summer, but then he will be officially finished! His graduation is supposed to be May 17th, but one of Mason's good friends is getting married that day, so we're hoping he can still walk either in August or next December. We just have to check out our options. We just pray that everything works out and he is able to get a teaching position this fall.

We looked at some land not long ago as well, just to check it out, because that is something we're hoping to purchase in the not-too-distant future. We really like that particular land, but at this point, it's just not in the budget. With any luck, it will still be for sale when we are more financially able to handle it, but if not, it wasn't meant to be. A lot will depend on if and where Mason gets a job, so what happens in the next few months will play a big role in whether we move in the near future. There are a lot of unknowns at this point, but it is also kind of exciting. Mason and I have really enjoyed our conversations about what the future holds and what our long and short-term goals are together. He's a pretty great partner in crime! :)

I also started taking a photography class with one of Mason's cousins, Laura. We've only had a couple of classes (again, because of snow), but I've really enjoyed them so far. I'm a very far cry from knowing what I'm doing with my camera, but I'm encouraged that I'll figure it out at some point. At the very least I would like to get good enough that I can take decent pictures of Eli. He has this thing where he likes to ignore me and look the opposite direction the moment my camera comes out, but I'm not so sure this class will help with that! ;) Either way, I really like it!

That's about the extent of what we have been up to since I last wrote, at least from what I can remember. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I'm just thankful I finally had the chance to get this written! Now, I'm going to attempt to get some pictures ordered. It has only been on my to-do list since August.....

No comments:

Post a Comment